Bloomberg BNA seeks junior reporter
The Junior Reporter at Bloomberg BNA will perform general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces under supervision.
- Develop and cover assigned beat(s)
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas, reports, researches, and write these news stories and features (including complex and/or analytical pieces) for assigned publications(s).
- File breaking news alerts.
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s) and publication.
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beats.
- May edit material written by other staff members and from other BBNA publications for inclusion in publication(s) of assigned unit.
- Participate in production of unit’s publication(s).
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
1+ years’ experience in journalism; ability to report and write news stories and features under deadline; basic knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately; excellent proofreading skills; proficiency in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing system effectively with training; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred. Experience related to subject matter covered by publication is desired.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.