Bloomberg BNA seeks assistant managing editor
Bloomberg BNA seeks an Assistant Managing Editor. The Assistant Managing Editor will assist the News Director (ND) and Deputy News Director (DND) with the operational, editorial, and production activities of assigned news content, product lines, and resource or practice centers.
Assistant Managing Editors at this classification perform or assist the ND and DND with any or all of the following:
- Work with reporters to produce engaging copy that has value for and can be easily understood by readers with a range of expertise levels.
- Edit copy for substance, style and grammar, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with ND and DND on product line scope and coverage.
- Make writing, reporting, and editing assignments, including coordinating coverage and assignments with staff and others.
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends and issues affecting relevant subject areas to make appropriate editorial decisions.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts in the government and private sectors, to be used as authors, advisors or other otherwise.
- Coordinate activities of product advisory board(s), if any, and/or to readers and practitioners to maximize opportunities for knowledge of market needs, product improvement and promotion.
- Supervise staff and provide opportunities for development and improvement of subject area knowledge, reporting, writing, research, technical, and other skills.
- Work with ND and DND on staff performance evaluations and make decisions for reclassifications promotions, terminations, and new hires.
- Work with ND and DND to support strategic initiatives.
- Work with ND and DND on lead development of sales, marketing and strategy efforts, including social media.
- Monitor the business and financial performance of product.
- Monitor competition and help formulate responses to competitive threats and identify competitive opportunities.
- Encourage flow of new product ideas from staff and professional contacts.
- Respond to requests or comments from subscribers and sales reps.
- Explore new product proposals and innovations.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments on issues related to product scope.
- Participate in special projects and assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
To apply, go here.