BBC News seeks economics/business reporter in New York
BBC News is looking for a business and economics writer to join its New York bureau.
The successful candidate will cover the main US economic and corporate news of the day for the BBC’s award winning web-site. In addition they will be expected to find and develop original feature ideas.
To do this job you will need to be a quick and competent writer, and be familiar with the US business and economics agenda. You should have a sharp news sense and genuine enthusiasm for the subject. You will need to be resilient enough to work on your own most of the time, but flexible enough to tailor your work to the varying demands of many parts of a large, complex news organisation.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of online writing experience. An interest in, and some experience of broadcast production may come in handy.
You MUST demonstrate:
– an interest in economics and business news in all its guises.
– the ability to write quickly and accurately under pressure.
– the temperament and skills to work independently and with limited supervision.
– the patience to get to grips with one of the biggest news organizations in the world.
We would PREFER you to have:
– basic photography skills.
– Knowledge and familiarity with online publishing tools.
– Some experience of video production.
The job will involve occasional travel.
If you wish to be considered for this job, do NOT call.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org