Barron’s seeks social and audience development editor
This newly created position will be responsible for Barron’s audience development across all social media and partner platforms in the U.S. and Asia.
This editor will be responsible for growing overall audience for Barron’s, as well as developing an audience growth strategy for Barron’s new spinoff, Barron’s Next, which focuses on personal finance and investing advice for readers ages 20-40.
The Social & Audience Development Editor will be the main day-to-day manager of our social media accounts, working closely with a business-side audience development team.
- Lead overall social strategy across platforms, in conjunction with a business-side audience development team.
- Maintain social accounts daily, primarily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Determine strategy and tactics to grow a millennial audience for Barron’s Next, complementing Barron’s traditional audience.
- Analyze analytics (Omniture, Parse.ly, etc.) to inform social strategy, as well as advise on editorial strategies.
- Coordinate the creation of platform-specific content, including live video.
- Optimize editorial content for each social platform.
- Advise on headlines to maximize engagement and SEO.
- Work closely with editors and product team to increase user engagement both on-site and off-platform, through personalized/related content recommendations, continual testing.
- Engage Barron’s audience, especially subscribers, through commenting/discussions, chats, polls/quizzes, and other interactive elements.
- Identify potential new sources of traffic specific to Barron’s target audience (individual and professional investors).
- Form and maintain content partnerships with other sites in order to drive traffic.
Skills/background we’re looking for:
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and investing.
- Social-specific writing abilities; ability to translate in-depth stories into accurate, shareable social posts and headlines.
- Deep knowledge of analytics platforms such as Omniture, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Facebook Analytics, etc.
- Ability to synthesize and act on audience usage and engagement data.
- Visual media experience (photography, videography) a plus, as are visual media editing skills.
To apply, go here.