Barron’s seeks managing editor for disruption
The managing editor for disruption at Barron’s will:
- Lead Barron’s coverage of major technological changes and their effects on a variety of industries, ensuring that it is always ambitious, relevant, distinctive, and forward-looking.
- Manage a small team of reporters covering tech, retail, and fintech beats, who will produceagenda-setting storytelling in a variety of digital and print formats.
- Collaborate with Barron’s art, production, and video teams to incorporate more graphics and data and to experiment with storytelling techniques and content formats.
- Work with our audience team to reach a broader and more diverse audience, seek opportunities for the team to engage with TV and radio, and engage on social media to ensure Barron’s is at the forefront of smart conversations about technology and disruption.
- Seek opportunities to launch new products including newsletters, podcasts, and live events, where applicable, to engage new audiences and to serve existing audiences in the best possible ways.
- Write and produce exemplary content, assign features, columns, and a variety of digital content, and edit copy for accuracy and quality of storytelling. He or she will enforce excellent quality standards, reliably hit deadlines, and continually look for ways to improve editorial operations.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Possess reliably excellent editorial judgment, a deep and up-to-date knowledge of technology, business, finance, and the markets, and a relentless commitment to accuracy
- Be addicted to breaking news and able to find compelling investing angles in news stories
- Be comfortable working at a fast pace and good at motivating others to do the same
- Be equally adept at editing in-depth stories and adding insight to short-form takes on news events, on digital platforms and in print
- Be a generous, thoughtful colleague and mentor
- Have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive amid uncertainty and change
To apply, go here.