Barron’s seeks an audience managing editor
Barron’s magazine, a Dow Jones publication, is seeking an audience managing editor.
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This role suits an energetic editor who is committed to ensuring Barron’s is at the forefront of the digital news media for reporting and analysis of investing and finance.
- The Audience Managing Editor will manage a team of editors responsible for managing the Barrons.com homepage, editing and sending email newsletters, managing social channels, and other aspects of digital distribution.
- He or she will work closely with Barron’s editorial colleagues to ensure out storytelling is rich and immersive, fast and provocative, where appropriate,
- This editor will look for and advise on opportunities to tell stories in new and innovative ways that will excite our audience and entice new readers.
- He or she will engage with social media, driving readers to our stories and informing our editors and reporters how to get their great journalism to larger audiences.
- He or she will embrace new technologies and new platforms, keep a keen eye on the competition and engage with analytics to better understand our audience.
- This editor will take responsibility for all areas of newsletter production, including content, headline writing, delivery and data. They will also be passionate about engaging with audience analytics and they will be excited to respond to what we can learn from the data.
- He or she will have experience editing and writing copy. A commitment to factual accuracy is also a must. Familiarity with finance and investing topics is also important.
To apply, go here.