Barron’s seeks a comment managing editor
Barron’s magazine, a Dow Jones publication, is seeking a comment managing editor.
Reports to the Editor in Chief
- This is a crucial role in the future of Barron’s. Our commentary will be frequent and compelling. It will provocative and insightful. It will take many forms, from brief intraday snaps to longer form projects.
- The Comment Managing Editor manage a team of columnists, challenging their views and editing their copy for factual accuracy and intellectual rigor.
- He or she will be a fine wordsmith, passionate about strong headlines, ledes and carefully crafted arguments.
- He or she will ensure Barron’s Commentary engages with broad audiences across wide scope of topics including the markets, economics, business, finance and policy.
- He or she will work across a range of formats including email newsletters, webcasts, video, podcasts, live events and the written word.
- The comment editor will also seek external views for publication, and will be comfortable working with high profile opinion leaders.
- He or she will work closely with columnists, the visuals team and production team to schedule and produce agenda-setting storytelling.
- Experience writing and/or editing columns is a must. Experience of managing small teams is also preferable.
To apply, go here.