Bankrate.com seeks optimization editor
Bankrate.com, one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry, is looking for a sharp, innovative editor to ensure our content is packaged and promoted so it can succeed on all distribution channels, including on-site, social media and search engines.
Ideal candidates will have experience programming web content, editing content for consumers and innovating shareable project. Social media experience is necessary, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
The Optimization Editor will be charged with managing the publication schedule, optimizing new and existing headlines, content and graphics, conceptualizing and executing online stories about personal finance from a consumer standpoint, and ensuring traffic demands are met across departments. The editor is expected to utilize current media trends to up the Bankrate editorial game – assigning new content, promoting it on the site, social media and newsletters, and connecting the dots between all team members.
The Optimization Editor will monitor traffic using analytics tools and recognize and react to increasing or decreasing traffic patterns.
The position will be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- Manage, coordinate and schedule coverage from staff and freelance reporters.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson as needed.
- Be deeply engaged in data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform our decisions.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage and headlines.
- Actively follow and assign content on personal finance topics and trends.
- Come up with ideas and create content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and news industries.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a news room.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, go here.