Bankrate.com seeks associate editor
Bankrate.com is looking for a sharp, innovative editor. Working with our team of senior editors, the associate editor will help manage the in-house reporting team for one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry.
Ideal candidates will have experience editing content for consumers and innovating award-winning projects. Social media experience is necessary, as is familiarity with writing for search optimization.
The Associate Editor will be charged with managing a group of reporters, conceptualizing and executing online stories about personal finance from a consumer standpoint and consistently improving the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage. The Associate Editor is expected to utilize current media trends to up the Bankrate editorial game — pitching, assigning and editing investigative stories, dailies, slideshows, quizzes, calculators and other editorial projects. We want someone with great news judgment, who can quickly react to events and publish high-quality, engaging content.
The position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida or New York City.
- Manage, coordinate and edit all coverage from reporters covering a variety of personal finance topics.
- Represent Bankrate as a spokesperson as needed.
- Be deeply engaged in data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform our decisions.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage.
- Actively follow and assign content on personal finance topics and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry sources.
- Come up with ideas and create content in story form, blogs, quizzes and interactives.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Attend industry conferences to speak about personal finance and editorial topics.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and news industries.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an editor.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, go here.