Bankrate.com seeks associate editor
Bankrate.com is looking for a top-notch editor who has great editing and freelance management skills, and wants to help develop the most awesome content team in personal finance.
Working with our team of senior editors, the associate editor be an innovator who can help manage a large volume of copy for one of the most authoritative publications in the personal finance industry.
If you’re experienced editing content for consumers and possess a familiarity with writing and editing for search optimization, which is a must for us, we’d love to speak to you about joining our team.
The position can be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, or New York City.
About the Role
- Manage, coordinate and edit all coverage from freelance writers covering a variety of personal finance topics.
- Be deeply engaged in data for our editorial coverage and data as it relates to story performance on Bankrate to make informed decisions about coverage.
- Understand metrics on our storytelling and allow them to help inform our decisions.
- Consistently improve the quality of Bankrate’s editorial coverage.
- Be engaged and active in social media, staying current with trends in social media, and helping the team to become social media personal finance stars.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Create content for one-off features and special requests.
- Knowledgeable of the personal finance and news industries.
- Thorough understanding of business topics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an editor.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, go here.