Automotive News seeks reporter to cover retailing
Automotive News, a growing and dynamic news organization owned by Crain Communications Inc., is seeking a business reporter to cover auto retailing.
This position calls for a multimedia-talented reporter who will cover the rapidly changing technology that underpins auto dealerships and automotive retailing web sites throughout the United States.
The beat also includes the used car and auction segments of the industry. Applicants should demonstrate a proven track record covering sophisticated business news for a quality news organization — and be prepared to write with authority for our audience. Automotive and/or retailing beat experience is a major plus, but not mandatory. This position, based in the Detroit office, will offer excellent pay and benefits.
There will be opportunities for future advancement at our stable, growing publication. The reporter will be expected to do the following:
- Produce a robust flow of online and print stories.
- Cover various business-to-business automotive retail technology beats, including but not limited to dealership management systems (DMS), online retailing and dealer-OEM relations. Used car retailing and auctions are also a part of this beat.
- Cover the major players in the DMS and online retail space (such as Carvana, TrueCar).
- Participate in multimedia projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of professional business journalism experience at a quality news organization.
- Proven capability of producing scoops and exclusive stories.
- Strong writing and communication skills, excellent grasp of grammar and style.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in source development.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Experience writing stories in real time, under tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely.
- Team player who can work in a collaborative news organization.
To apply, go here.