ALM seeks New York reporter/East Coast bureau chief
ALM, which publishes legal and real estate business newspapers across the country, is seeking a New York reporter and East Coast reporter.
This position serves dual functions. The individual in this role will:
- cover the New York commercial real estate market on a day-to-day basis for GlobeSt.com;
- and—working with the West Coast Bureau Chief—oversee the work of, and content produced by, the freelancers and aggregators that cover the Eastern US for GlobeSt.com.
As New York Reporter, you will:
- Cover the Greater New York City commercial real estate market on a daily basis
- Gather and report two to three daily stories for GlobeSt.com, secure photography and upload all materials using a CMS
- Closely monitor the trends and developments in the local market
- Develop and maintain a pool of industry sources and communicate regularly with publicists
- Generate and schedule daily newsletter, New York AM Alert, containing the top stories of the day
- Serve as the voice and face of GlobeSt.com in Metro New York, one of our biggest, most active and successful markets
- Attend and cover industry events on behalf of ALM Real Estate Media, including quarterly market briefings, panel discussions hosted by industry organizations and ALM-produced conferences
- On occasion, serve as a moderator and/or on-camera host for ALM-produced events, roundtable discussions and video interviews
As East Coast Bureau Chief, you will:
- Act as a gatekeeper between our reporters and the website, with a keen eye on maintaining consistency in timing, style and voice. This includes editing the daily stories filed by the freelance reporters and aggregators you oversee.
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor, Executive Editor and West Coast Bureau Chief to determine coverage topics and coordinate assignments on group reports
- Send news items and assign stories to freelance reporters and aggregators. Ensure stories for your region are filed on time.
- Edit stories filed in your region according to GlobeSt.com’s standards. Review and approve daily newsletters from your region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have significant copy editing experience and a commitment to high-quality journalism for print and the web
- Have experience in business/financial writing (knowledge of New York-area commercial real estate industry is preferred)
- Be familiar with the following, at minimum: MS Word/Office, Photoshop, WordPress-based CMS platforms, some HTML. Social media presence is a bonus
- Have demonstrated news judgment and headline-writing ability
- Be detail- and deadline-oriented and able to work calmly under pressure
- Be able to manage others well and coordinate tasks in a team environment
- Be very well organized and able to handle multiple projects with several moving parts
To apply, go here.