ACBJ seeks digital producer for national news desk
The Digital Producer, National News Desk will build, run and sustain the online, social and mobile presence of Bizjournals.com, the national network for The Business Journals. The Digital Producer is responsible for serving a national audience with both locally and nationally generated content, crafting and conveying timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend The Business Journals brand.
- Solid news judgment
- A keen interest in what’s new and what’s next in the news cycle
- An ability to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
- An understanding of how locally produced stories can play for a larger audience, appearing on a national news platform
- Fluent use of social media in promoting content, being a thought leader and interacting with readers
- A desire to contribute his or her own content as part of the mix
- An ability to work with contributing writers, whose submissions complement the local and national news stories
- An understanding of the type of content our audience craves and seeks from us
The ideal candidate has:
- Background in reporting, digital media and/or business journalism
- Excellent communication, cross-group collaboration and planning skills, with a strict attention to details and deadlines
- Exceptional news judgment
- Strong headline writing and copy editing skills
- Multimedia interest and acumen, particularly with video. The ability to create infographics is a plus.
- Familiarity working in a content management system
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
General office environment. Extensive computer use required. Ability to work flexible work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays.
American City Business Journals delivers a total business audience of more than 10 million people via our websites and publications and nearly 1,000 annual industry leading events. ACBJ owns 43 business publications online and in print across the country that offer exclusive, in-depth business coverage. In addition, ACBJ owns and operates SportsBusiness Journal, SportsBusiness Daily, SportsBusiness Daily Global, Inside Lacrosse and Hemmings Motor News. ACBJ is a unit of Advance Publications, Inc.
American City Business Journals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Please send email with subject line of Digital Producer to Mark Mensheha, Director-National News Desk at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email should include résumé and cover letter/reason for application.