425 Magazine in Seattle area seeks reporter
425 Business magazine, voted 2015’s second-best regional business magazine in the country by the Society of American Business Writers and Editors, has a rare opening for a writer who sees beyond agendas and boring night meetings (we don’t do those) and can locate and develop deeper stories that directly affect residents’ lives or allow readers to peer into the lives of those professionals they work and live amongst.
We are looking for hard-hitting and insightful features, investigative pieces and personality profiles that peer into humanity. A strong work ethic is required. This is a boots-on-the-ground position which will require the successful candidate to work from our Bellevue office, as well as our corporate headquarters in Tacoma and also remotely.
- Production of editorial content for the monthly 425 Business, as well as occasional content for 425 and South Sound magazines when time allows and at the discretion of the editor in chief
- Production of editorial content for 425business.com
- Attendance of events and functions (rare evenings) as assigned by editor and chief
- Assistance in daily operations of the publication, including but not limited to the selection and management of interns and freelancers; story creation; planning and brainstorming meetings; copy editing; miscellaneous writing assignments; and other duties relating to the creation of a monthly magazine.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- Minimum two years professional journalism experience
- Strong knowledge of AP style
- Attention to detail
- Excellent ability to multitask
- Ability to develop original story ideas and build and foster relationships
- Strong personal character
- Experience with InCopy and InDesign programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with SEO
To apply: Send a resume and three writing clips or links befitting of the job being offered to editor in chief Jeff Burlingame at firstname.lastname@example.org