Seven elected to SABEW board
Seven business journalists have been elected to the board of the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.
At SABEW’s spring conference in Seattle this past weekend, the board voted for seven additional seats on the board of governors, six with a term ending in 2020 and one ending in 2018.
Originally, there were just six seats available.
Candidates elected to the board were:
- Robert Barba, technology editor, American Banker;
- Shobhana Chandra, economics reporter, Bloomberg News;
- Glenn Hall, U.S. news editor, The Wall Street Journal;
- Dean Murphy, associate editor, The New York Times;
- Rich Barbieri, executive editor, CNNMoney;
- Marilyn Geewax, senior business news editor, National Public Radio; and
- James B. Nelson, deputy business editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Barbieri holds the board seat ending 2018. The others will hold terms ending 2020.
Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst and Washington bureau chief at Bankrate.com, was inducted as president of SABEW at the conference.