Lee cutting back anchor duties at CNBC

Chris Roush is the Walter E. Hussman Sr. Distinguished Professor in business journalism at UNC-Chapel Hill. He is a former business journalist for Bloomberg News, Businessweek, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Tampa Tribune and the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. He is the author of the leading business reporting textbook "Show me the Money: Writing Business and Economics Stories for Mass Communication" and "Thinking Things Over," a biography of former Wall Street Journal editor Vermont Royster.

1. George says:

So was this a demotion, was it her idea, or what? Need more information. If it was not her decision, I think she will bolt for Fox Business Channel.

2. Dianne Morgado says:

Guessing this was not her idea as her strong personality grated with that blowhard Cramer. One solid hour of that was too much. They picked Cramer,

3. norman silverberg says:

I miss Melissa in the morning especially her expertise

4. janet says:

Yes, Melissa was too abrasive. She acted pushy and bossy at times. Her replacement, Kelly Evans acts and looks like an Android. Androids are smart and objective! I like Evans better.

• fred says:

I agree. Cramer is actually very congenial with other hosts. Melissa didn’t want to share the spotlight. CNBC should have found another replacement sooner. I don’t see why Melissa was on two segments after Erin Burnett left and Mark Haines passed away.

• Paul Ingram says:

Don’t these people that watch these shows have anything better to do with their life? Then they waste more time by writing comments on a blog.