CNBC hires six staffers for digital editorial teams
Jay Yarow, senior vice president and executive editor of CNBC Digital, sent out the following announcement on Wednesday:
We are pleased to announce some recent additions to CNBC Digital.
Jenna Goudreau has made a number of hires for our space at 1221 in New York as she continues to build out the Make It team.
- Leah Ginsberg joins Make It as a senior editor, beginning April 19th. She will be responsible for managing the site’s small business and entrepreneurs coverage as well as growing its lifestyle coverage. Leah comes to us from Forbes, where she was deputy editor of the Women’s Digital Network. Before that, she held leadership roles at Yahoo, People StyleWatch, and OK! Magazine.
- Kathryn Dill joins Make It as careers editor, boosting our coverage of jobs, office psychology and the modern workforce. Before starting at CNBC in January, Kathryn covered careers and leadership for Forbes.com and served as the magazine’s chief of reporters.
- Benjamin Snyder joins Make It as leadership editor, working to expand the site’s coverage of management and business strategy topics. Previously, he worked as an editor at millennial-focused site Odyssey and was an associate editor at Fortune.com.
- Emmie Martin joins Make It as a writer focusing on money and lifestyle coverage. Prior to CNBC, Emmie was an associate editor at Business Insider where she covered personal finance, lists and features, strategy and careers.
Additionally, Matt Rosoff has hired two technology reporters based at our San Francisco bureau reporting to him.
- Christina Farr joins us as a technology reporter, covering the intersection of Silicon Valley, biotech and health tech. She’ll focus on biotech efforts by big traditional tech companies like Alphabet and Apple, the new breed of start-ups with hugely ambitious goals like curing cancer, and the latest health fads followed by the elite of Silicon Valley. She comes to us most recently from Fast Company and was also an Apple reporter for Reuters.
- John Shinal joins us as a technology reporter, focusing on the giants of the internet like Google, Facebook and Netflix, as well as large-cap consumer startups like Uber, Lyft and Airbnb. John has been a regular columnist for MarketWatch and USA Today for some years and began his career as one of Bloomberg’s first San Francisco-based tech reporters back during the dot-com boom, where he covered Cisco and other networking companies.
Please join me in welcoming the group to CNBC Digital.